Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Shoot Day 28

Hello friends,

Well just 3 days left of shooting before we head to Nevada in late Jan. It's scorching here again! 44 degrees at the sand hills just outside of Wentworth yesterday. My shoes melted again. Dang. Man, Dunlop volleys look cool, but I perhaps should have selected substance over style today.

Somehow my pale Irish skin has managed to stay un-burnt throughout entire shoot. Long sleeve shirts and ridiculous hats have proven crucial. Hurts me in the respect stakes (the wide brimmed hats), but I was never gonna be able to maintain that for 7 weeks anyway (respect that is).

As the shoot in Mildura winds down my thoughts begin to move to post production. CANNOT WAIT to get into that edit suite. My man Gary has been cutting up a storm already, but there's just nothing like air conditioning and toasted sandwiches when you've been sweating your ass off in the sweltering sun for two months. Not to say that Gaz has a cushy job - FAR FROM IT -- I'm just saying the working conditions down at Tide in Port Melbourne are a little more relaxed. Pimms and lemonade anyone?

We basically have 4 months to cut, sound mix and finish the picture to film. Can not wait. And can't wait to show you all --  Could not be prouder of what we've achieved. I've said it before, but working with this fab crew and brilliant cast is a dream come true.

Off to Stefano's restaurant now to film the key romantic scene in the film. Rachael and Alex have been preparing for this one for quite a while now -- and I've been thinking about it for 6 years! Wish us luck.

Btw champions: join our mailing list on Summer Coda official website -- As we head into post, it'll be the best place to get info. Our Summer Coda Facebook page is up and running too.

Lots of love,

Ricky : )

No comments:

Post a Comment